cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching a Development Machine to Production

jack.lavington
Level 3

We currently have 5 production workers (which are part of our 5 production workers package with BP), but we currently only use 3 of them in production, the other 2 in development.

We are experiencing an extremely high demand through our VW’s. it would be useful for us to switch another machine from Development to Production. We have managed to move Machine 4 into the Production Resource Pool and then sign into the Production Worker, however, when we attempt to start the Production listener, we get the below message….

"The connection 'production' does not exist. Please check the connection by running automate/showdbconfig"

Is this something anyone has experienced before and if so, could you kindly assist in getting this resolved? 

Many thanks 

Jack

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@jack.lavington,

There's a file called User.config that's found in ​C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3. This file contains the list of configured connection names. It's been a while, but I ran into a similar situation as you years ago. I'm not sure what the cause was, but somehow this file was missing a connection that had previously been there.

I'd say if you can recreate the issue, you might want to watch this file and see if the "production" connection is being removed.

Cheers,
Eric

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
To add to Eric's point, I've also seen the read/write permissions to the BP config files cause problems. Specifically where the write permission has somehow been lost to the current user. The effect is that although you can manually reset the connection and have the RR connect, the setting is only temporary because the change does no get saved in the config, because there is no write permission.

I've only seen this happen a couple of times and never figured out why it can happen.