cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.IO.IOException \ System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

StephenRush
Level 2

This morning we found that blue prism had a scheduled process stuck in 'pending'. Upon examining the runtime resource the following notable exception was found to coincide with the occurance:
[2019-11-05 16:17:08Z] Disconnected <IP Address removed> - System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsListener.ListenThread()

2 immediate retries illicited the same result.

Searches so far have no prooved fruitful, any one know the likely cause?

------------------------------
Stephen Rush
Automation Systems Analyst
AGIS - DNCI
Australia/Sydney
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

HakanEngman
Level 6

Hi,

See this from time to time, but find it really hard to nail the problem. I assume that the IP that was removed points to a application server ? 

Or is the IP pointing to the RunTime itself?

If it is the IP pointing to the AppServer, check if a BP process was restarted there at the same time. (as this happened on the client)

I would check by locking att the attribute StartTime from 

PS> get-process - Name Automate | format-list StartTime

PS> get-process -Name BPServerService | format-list StartTime

From the message it looks like the "other" end of the communication channel did not respond. (terminated.) But I agree that one would like to understand better what is happening. 

Cheers from the oposite side of the globe! ( Sidney is a marvelous city! ) 

Hakan Engman
Automation engineer
Teliacompany.com
Europe/Stockholm

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

HakanEngman
Level 6

Hi,

See this from time to time, but find it really hard to nail the problem. I assume that the IP that was removed points to a application server ? 

Or is the IP pointing to the RunTime itself?

If it is the IP pointing to the AppServer, check if a BP process was restarted there at the same time. (as this happened on the client)

I would check by locking att the attribute StartTime from 

PS> get-process - Name Automate | format-list StartTime

PS> get-process -Name BPServerService | format-list StartTime

From the message it looks like the "other" end of the communication channel did not respond. (terminated.) But I agree that one would like to understand better what is happening. 

Cheers from the oposite side of the globe! ( Sidney is a marvelous city! ) 

Hakan Engman
Automation engineer
Teliacompany.com
Europe/Stockholm

G'Day Hakan,

Yes It is an APP server IP, also can you provide a bit more detail on the use of the CLI commands you have listed.

I have tried:
PS> get-process - [automated process name] | format-list StartTime
PS> get-process - [Resource PC name] | format-list StartTime

And on both time I received the error "get-process : Cannot find a process with the name ""

Rob Roder

Hej,

Automate and BPServerService are processes on the Application server. And those names should not change. My intention was that you could just check if anyone of those processes where started in the same timeframe as the client report issues. ( Implying that the previous process of the same terminated for some reason.)

I'm quite sure that neither process name or resource-name is present in the process list in windows. (Maybe as parameter, but not 

Maybe the Event Log on the Application Server will show something during that particluar timeframe. (As it's now quite many days since the occurance. )

BR,Håkan

Hakan Engman
Automation engineer
Teliacompany.com
Europe/Stockholm