cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System out of memory error while getting excel as collection

NilanshuSoni
Level 4
Hello guys, i am facing an unexpected error while getting excel as spreadsheet when it is containing more than 100 records. i checked the code stage and found that the code is working fine till selecting all data on the excel but while copying it to the clip board it is giving error- System out of memory. can you please advise how to resolve this issue? i tried changing the machine as well but no luck.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There are knowledgebase articles on this and lots of other threads in the forum related to this - with answers related to re-orchestrating how you read in data and/or using the  garbage collector.  It would be rare for this issue to occur with only 100 rows - my presumption is you either have lots and lots of columns or a poorly spec'ed computer.

NevilleWatson
Level 4
It would be useful if automate.exe was a 64-bit process and able to access more RAM.

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
It is quite easy to get this exception when you invoke object (i.e. working on strings). I had this issue already. My process was reading Excel file into a collection and was validating every field against RegEx rules (we also tried this process with simple comparision string rules but still using object) using a call to an object. With about 15 rows and 350 rows I was getting Out of memory exception. Using chunks makes this much better (and faster) but still BP is not able to manage memory correctly when passing parameters to objects. The memory is release with the start of next process. I know there is a KB article how to use garbage collection but this should be done correctly by BP itself.