cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Order

EstelaMello
Level 2
I'm using Work Queue Items' tags to create Logs sugin a .csv file. When I first add an item to the Work Queue, the first tag is added. When I add a second tag, the position of this tag is different acording to the message that is inside or if an exception is marked. Example:  First tag: Added to Queue Second tag: Sucess Tags displayed on item 1: Added to Queue; Sucess Second tag: An error occured Tags displayed on item 2: An error occured; Added to Queue.   This problem makes the log columns be in wrong position.   Is there any way to choose the tags order?
1 REPLY 1

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi EstellaMello As far as I can see, the tag order is ordered alphabetically, although sometimes BP doesn't always order them correctly, eventually it will alphabetize the tags in the control room, sometimes when tagging an item more times. If you try to tag items, ""A"", ""B"", ""C"" and vice versa ""C"", ""B"", ""A"", this should become apparent. Of what I know it is not possible to control the order of the tags. You can after processing the queue items make one more run, where you process queue items and use ""Work Queues"" BO action ""Get Item Data"" to get that particular item's tag(s), programmatically reorder the text in the tag to your liking and re-tag that item, with 1 tag, so the information is ordered the way you want it to. I would use the ""Utility - Collection Manipulation"" action ""append field to a collection"" to the collection of queue items processed and create fields for each type of information that you want to collect, so that you can control in which order information is written and output this to excel, e.g. Processed: Success/An error occurred, Added to queue: Yes/No etc. BR, Mustafa