cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task from inside the scheduler failed to start and left no trace

Hi, I am facing the following problem.
I have one automated business process divided into several BluePrism processes that are combined together with schedulers.

On Tuesday, one task from the scheduler did not start. Zero footprint in the control room, no error, no info.

Today (Friday) It did not start two tasks from inside a different scheduler but for the same business process. Also zero trace in control room, no Terminated info, or anything else. As if it was never planned to launch.

I would like to add that the schedulers started flawlessly before Tuesday and, for example, on Wednesday or Thursday.
In my opinion, it is also not a problem with the license, schedulers are set in a cascade, and the problem does not apply to the first task in the scheduler.

It seems to me that the problem started after the release of another business process in this environment.
Anyone have an idea what could be the reason? What is happening and how to check the reason for the lack of such strange launches from the schedulers?

EDIT: 
ERRORS FROM  [BPAScheduleLogEntry]

Task: Add to Queues - 004_CashPosition - Session creation failed on resource 'VLD-DED-STD-29': Failed to create session on VLD-DED-STD-29 - COMMAND NOT VALID AT THIS TIME - RESOURCE IS STOPPING (WAITING FOR RUNNING SESSIONS TO COMPLETE)

Task: Check OD - 004_CashPosition - Session creation failed on resource 'VLD-DED-STD-29': Failed to create session on VLD-DED-STD-29 - COMMAND NOT VALID AT THIS TIME - RESOURCE IS STOPPING (WAITING FOR RUNNING SESSIONS TO COMPLETE)

------------------------------
Wojciech Rogman
stuffautomation.com
8 REPLIES 8

PrasanthChiruku
Level 4
Hi Mate,

As per the issue description fond the below steps might help.

1 . Check all processes available in control room
2. Check all scheduler tasks assigned properly to machine names
3. Check the tick mark 'Fast fail on any errors' in scheduler for all tasks. 

Prasanth Chirukuri
RPA Developer
iOPEX Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

Hi, Thanks for trying, but as I said the schedulers was working correctly in the past. And case is happening with random tasks I think.

Wojciech Rogman
stuffautomation.com

Hi Wojciech

I recently came across an issue where one of the schedules was not working correctly giving "No sessions were successfully created" error.
After checking all the usual stuff, we were not able to identify what was the issue.
In the end we created a new schedule and it appeared to resolve the problem. Thought I should mention in case you have similar issue.

Pritam Poojari
Solution Architect
Capgemini
Europe/London

Thank you, I will try to add 30 sec delay after logging into machine, If that doesn't work, I'll create a new scheduler.

Wojciech Rogman
stuffautomation.com

@WojciechRogmanStuffAutomation Just checking if there is login agent associated with this process. I have seen this error when either the machine is not logged in properly and the process is trying to run or login agent action failing if the resource is already logged in ! We have to make sure here that the machine is properly logged in and in working mode before the process is getting a start . ​

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi,
Fail fast on error will stop the runner from invoking subsequent tasks if the previous task failed on any of the assigned RRs. i would not recommend it if there are multiple tasks created under the same schedule. Introducing adequate delays between the tasks should do the trick.

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Wojciech - maybe you have already considered this, but the error message suggests the resource was still occupied by another session when the scheduler kicked in. Is there any trace of a session that was running/stopping at the time when your schedule wanted to start? Could anyone else have created a schedule recently that collides with yours?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi,

Quote : It seems to me that the problem started after the release of another business process in this environment.

In that case I would have a look in the Reports under Scheduler in the Control ... maybe you find a trace there

15004.png

Good Luck

Johan

============================================
Internet communications are not secure and therefore BGL BNP Paribas does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.
============================================