cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to collection translation

CR
Level 4
Hello   I have a text string that is returned from the application that looks like this. What is the best way to manipulate the text string to break it apart and store individual pieces in a collection that has First name, last name and account id. I use the clipboard to get this data back from the surface automation training. I think there is a space in the string between first and last name and a tab between last name and the account id. Help appreciated with best practices to do this using existing functionality. Gregory Williams          67036802652212 Thanks in advance  
5 REPLIES 5

akhileshshukla
Level 2
you can use trim function for remove space.

Roberto_Claudio
Level 2
You can pick a calculation stage and then use the text functions left, mid and right.

SachinJagdale
Level 4
You can replace space with comma (,) and then use Utility-String objects action CSV to Collection. I hope it will help you.

SanjanaS1
Level 3
You can use ""Split Text"" action of Utility-Strings with the split character as "" "" (meaning space) and then you can do""Remove Empty Rows""  action of Utility-Collection Manipulation.

CR
Level 4
Thanks for all the help. The string is little more complicated than just two pieces of data. Some fields are separated by a space and others tabs. Also the space between the date and time and AM/PM is legit so the last field needs to stay intact.  Help is appreciated. *R*    SMITH                  Active              Person                       12/18/2006 12:09:00 PM  ELLI  B   SMITH             Active               Person                       12/18/2006 12:09:00 PM  Thanks all