cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering a process using Resource Pool

NilanjanMukhopa
Level 3
Hi 

I am trying to trigger a process using AutomateC.exe command line.
Is there any way I can run the process in Resource pool not in any particular resource using AutomateC.exe.

Thank you for your help 

------------------------------
Nilanjan Mukhopadhyay
Solution Engineer
Kimberly Clark
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

DaveMorris
Level 14
I don't see an option for running a process on a pool using AutomateC. It seems odd that you'd be able to create/delete pools and add/remove resources to and from pools but that you cannot trigger a run of a process on a pool. Maybe it's just missing from the list. Have you tried to just trigger one the usual way with /pool "PoolName"?

it'd be like...
AutomateC /sso /dbconname {ConnectionName} /run {BPProcessName} /pool {PoolName}

I'll have to try this later. I'm guessing it won't work if it's not in the documentation for AutomateC.

Actually, I just glanced at the F1 Help on Resource Pool options, and it seems pretty clearly geared toward maintenance of pools from command line, not triggering sessions through pools.

EDIT: In case anyone comes across this, I don't want to confuse anyone. After Dean replied with the KB article on how to do this, I came back to edit this post. So, here's how the above call would be changed to be correct: (Putting 'resource' where I had 'pool')
AutomateC /sso /dbconname {ConnectionName} /run {BPProcessName} /resource {PoolName}

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi there

I saw this query and asked for the following KB article to be created in the Blue Prism knowledge base.  I hope it helps:

How do I run a Process from a Resource Pool using the command line?

Please note you will need to log into the Blue Prism Portal in order to access the above link.

Thanks

Dean Fry
Content Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

I guess that makes sense because pools are treated just like a resource in Control Room. That should have occurred to me. Thanks, Dean. 😃

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA