cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble resolving error when interacting with webpage

SamHebert
Level 2
Hi everyone,  I am having a hard time resolving an error (that appears only when running from the control room) that produces the following message: "ERROR: Internal : AMI error occurred in WaitStart Stage 'Wait for field - Car #' on page 'NV - Write Parameters and click search (SURFACE)' - External AppMan reader thread exited before response from query" Some context: A small part of my process interacts with a webform  It runs fine from process studio. But when we run it from control room, it launches internet explorer and goes to the proper website as expected. However, it cannot write the requested fields. We have a different webform within the same process, and that part of the process runs without any issue. We are not using Surface Automation, only sendkeys. We have tried interacting with it using HTML element, AA element and Surface automation, but it ends up giving the same error. Thank you for your help!
3 REPLIES 3

PSSupport
Staff
Staff
Are you running from process studio and control room in the same environment?  If not what is different?   It could be some kind of access rights issue.  If you run your resourcepc as administrator does the problem go away?  AppMan errors can also happen if you are running in the wrong bittness mode (64/32bit).

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
BTW - that last comment was me..

SamHebert
Level 2
Hi Denis - Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm running from the process studio and control room in the same (test) environment, and everything is 32 bit. If it was an access rights issue, wouldn't the error also appear when I run it from the process studio?