cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIA Spy issue

Trailokya_NathB
Level 2
Hi, I can observe UIA spy mode is far better but for a text box(Part of service Now site), I am facing lot of issue while spying. Sometimes it is highlighting properly but sometimes it is not highlighting with BP as in running status for long time. If I close the IE , then the red color highlight mark is coming on the screen once after IE disappeared(Closed) by me forcefully. Sometimes from object it is working and sometimes if I run the same from process, it is not working. Kindly suggest what can be the issue ? I have downloaded *86 BP 6.2 freshly and I am using windows 10 OS.  
3 REPLIES 3

InJoeKhor
Staff
Staff
Hi Trailokya,

This could be due to the spying attributes.

Have you tried using Match Index? You could try to add/remove one attribute at a time to play with it, try click on Highlight button after each change. Match index is recommended because it is always more efficient. It should use the first element it comes across as matching the attributes rather than searching the entire document to verify there is only one that matches.

For a web app in Internet Explorer,  it could be that the object is not attached to the correct iexplore.exe instance for HTML mode to work right. You can experiment by manually launching first and then attach using different Child Index values.

Some users has reported by reregistering OLEACC.DLL had helped them to resolved UIA spying performance issues, it could possibly serve as your another resolution option.

------------------------------
InJoe Khor
Blue Prism
Blue Prism
In Joe Khor Sr. Product Consultant Blue Prism

Hi InJoe,
Could you please explain to me how to reregistering OLEACC.DLL?
Regards,
Alessandro

Alessandro Dell'Anno

Hi @Alessandro Dell'Anno

This Knowledge Base article contains steps to re-register the OLEACC.DLL file at the bottom, under the "How to resolve this issue:" section.

Hope this helps.​​

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX