cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIA spying issues

MáriaBojová
Level 3
Hello everyone, I have issues with UIA mode on the web browser (Internet Explorer). I had developed process and everything was working smoothly but one day plenty of the elements spied with UIA mode were not found while running process. Even bigger mystery for me is when I try to re-spy the elements on the page, BP did not give me any result while highlighting (and this was right after spying the element so it should work). Yes, I can re-spy whole thing with HTML but I would like to know the source of this problem.  Anyone with similar issue?   Thank you for any help
4 REPLIES 4

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
> BP did not give me any result while highlighting (and this was right after spying the element so it should work) Something is spied incorrectly, disable attributes one by one until you find out. Also check if it is spied same way every time. Maybe somethign changes dynamically. Most likely something changed in a page/site that you was automating.  p.s. As a general advice - use mode as ""native"" as possible, unless you have issues with it and other mode somehow solves it better: html/java/win32>uia>surface

MáriaBojová
Level 3
Hi thank you for your answer. Sadly I tried possibly every combination of atributes, but with the same result. I believe it is something with the page. HTML mode works fine...but still testing.

NewStudent
Level 4
Hello Everyone,

I have a similar issue when spying in UIA Mode. I am trying to spy an website on IE , using UIA Mode. Its a Radio button that has "Yes" and "No" Option which has to be clicked according to the input that gets generated.When ever I try to Spy the Particular radio button on the UIA Mode , the "UIA Name" Attribute in App Modeller will have both Yes and No on it which will return error when running the process .
Error: Internal : Failed to translate data - Unable to parse value
'
Yes
No' as flag.

Can anyone help me to overcome this issue please . 

Regards,
Student

------------------------------
New Student

EVIPUTI
MVP
Which OS you are running this on ? I have heard UIA mode showing issues with windows server 2019 . And yes i always recommend HTMl and accessibility mode for spying as a number of websites use HTML tables for layouts and these modes are more effective there.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------