Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ui mode not working on chrome application

ChetanNinghot
Level 4
Hi
1)I facing issue while working on chrome
When I spying element by window and browser mode it worked
But when I am trying to change spying mode browser mode  to the Ui mode my chrome application suddenly closed....
What exactly issue are there i am not able to resolve

2) when I am working on web application that time every page having different different windows title
Or window title change for every page
Then what way I need to used attach windows

------------------------------
Chetan Ninghot
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
On 1.  I'd recommend trying an accessibility testing took (such as CodedUI - lots of them out there) - to check if the issue is with how UIA is implemented with the we app or how Blue Prism interface is working.  

On 2.  Best practice object design taught by BP is to have many objects per application rather than one,  I would therefore expect to to be creating objects for different screens and screen titles.  If the issue you have is how to know which screen you are on to know what to attach to then it sounds like you are not controlling the application flow from the process level.  You should design your flow so it always expects the same screen at the start and always leaves the same screen open at the end (i.e. a menu or main screen).  If the automation starts working a case and it is not on the expected screen than exception handling should restart the app and get back to that known screen.

Denis Dennehy
(Former) Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

Hi Denis,
I have the exact same problem described at no.1 
Could  you please be more specific about the solution you posted?  How should I check with said app( like CodedUI) ?

Alessandro Dell'Anno

Espen
Level 3
We are also facing issue 1. 

Chrome version 105.0.5195.102 (64-bit), BP version 6.10.4.

Reported in support ticket 233389.

Espen

This issue does not just affect Blue Prism and has to be fixed in Chromium. Details: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1359955

Espen