cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Automate Google chrome

RishabhMalhotra
Level 2
Hi,

I am unable to spy elements in chrome by using UI Automation Mode, albiet I can highlight them using Browser mode but even that works for just one time.

When I close and relaunch chrome from my object studio it works fine for sometime and I am able to highlight already spied elements but it soon fails to highlight or spy any element and throws an error - 'Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage 'Enter Email' on page 'Login' - No element matched the query terms'

When I try to identify the element again it throws an error - "Error - Highlighting results - No matching Web elements found" but the same element was getting spied earlier.

I have tried using "--force-renderer-accessibility" in front of my URL in Application modeler as well but it's of no help.

I am currently using BP v 6.4.0.8445 and Chrome v 71.0.3578.80 and Chrome Extension v 1.0.6.3

Please help me resolve this issue.

------------------------------
Rishabh Malhotra
Automation Engineer
Fournxt Technologies LLP
Asia/Kolkata
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, Rishabh,

when I worked for one client it was happening there on a regular basis that the extension in Chrome was uninstalled by group security policy. Can you check that your extension is still there?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk,

Yes, I've checked the extension for chrome is still there.

Regards,

Rishabh Malhotra
Automation Engineer
Fournxt Technologies LLP
Asia/Kolkata

Rishabh,

when you change the spying mode can you identify anything? Are you attached to chrome?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hey Zdenek,

Yes, i'm able to spy elements but when I try to highlight them it throws me an error of no matching results found even for previously spied elements which were working fine.

It launches chrome properly but when I try to maximise and activate window it throws me an error and after that every element acts the same way and i'm unable to highlight anything, maybe it just breaks the link or connection somehow which I don't know if that's possible and why it's doing that only for the maximise and activate part.

Regards,

Rishabh Malhotra
Automation Engineer
Fournxt Technologies LLP
Asia/Kolkata

Hi, Rishabh,

can you try detach/attach? When you played with UIA spying mode how it ended up? Be careful where to add the switch as it should be put after your URL address.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi Zderek,

Yes, I've tried using attach/detach but no help. It spies any element only when I relaunch chrome not otherwise

Rishabh Malhotra
Automation Engineer
Fournxt Technologies LLP
Asia/Kolkata

Hi, Rishabh,

then I have only two last pieces of advice:

1. when you respy elements which were spied before and now it says that it cannot find elements what are the differences in attributes if any?
2. contact Blue Prism support as this cannot be resolved here

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague