cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create Database

JanToh
Level 3
Hi, 

I have runned "BluePrismEvaluation6.8.msi" on my pc and able to successfully test connection to DB after installing blue prism for the first time.

However, when I re-launched Blue Prism,  I will be prompted to create the password as shown below.
18178.png

Subsequently, I will be prompted to install database as shown in the screenshot below.
18179.png
However, it does not give me the option to choose which path to look for the database. It automatically picks up the following path and seems to show the following error message where the username does not belong to me:

How can I go about changing the path or how can I get to the login into blue prism page?

Thank you.

------------------------------
Jia Min Toh

9 REPLIES 9

ChrisEllenburg_
Level 4
If you can get to configure connection, you can create a new db so long as you have SQL Express installed.

Chris Ellenburg KeyMark, Inc.

Thank you for your advice Chris.

However, upon re-launching Blue Prism after the installation, I do not see the configure connection page as shown below. I only see this when I ran the msi.
18097.png

This is the first thing I see after I re-launch BluePrism after installation.
18098.png
I have also enabled the SQL Server services, but to no avail.
18099.png

Any advice on how I can go about seeing the configure connection page?

Jia Min Toh

Hello Jia,

The "Configure Connection" is the URL looking link underneath and to the right of the "Connection" drop down list. The drop down is on the first screenshot you took showing a current value of "BPConnection". Once you click on that "Configure Connection" link, a new page will pop up allowing you to configure a new connection which includes the ability to create a new DB for the environment.

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services

Hello Ling Leung,

I was only able to see the first screenshot right after I have installed the Blue Prism. However, due to some reason, I was not able to login at the moment I saw the first screenshot. Therefore, I have to exit Blue Prism. When I re-launch Blue Prism the next time, I am unable to see the first screenshot. I can only see the second screenshot. As such, would like to seek your advice on how I can navigate to the first screenshot when I re-launch Blue Prism? 

Appreciate your advice on this. Thank you!

Jia Min Toh

Hello Jia Min,

That's ok. The second screenshot is the Wizard that helps users define the standard admin password. In the past, a user isn't provided the ability to set the "admin" user's password during install and have to do it the first time they login via the UI (your first screen.) The 2nd screen is a recent update to the installer to help users set that password. Once you go through these final setup screens, you should be able to relaunch BP and get back to the first screen again.

Wing

Wing Ling Leung

Hi Wing,

After creating the password for the admin account, I am being prompted to install database. However, when I click "Next" as shown in the screenshot below, I was prompted the error message as shown below. The user account mentioned in the error message does not belong to me, therefore was thinking if this is the reason that results in the failure in the installation of database. Also, how can I go about changing the directory to create DB? As I don't seem to see any options for me to do so; as I am unable to reach the "Configure Connection" page.

Appreciate your kind advice on this. Thank you.
18132.png

18133.png

Jia Min Toh

Hello Jia,

I am not sure, the Learning Edition install should be pretty straight forward. The only things I can think of are: a)did you initially try the install as another user? Or maybe someone else with different access tried the install on your system? b)does your user have admin rights on the system?

As next steps, I would run the uninstall and try again. Or better yet, if your laptop has enough memory, maybe run a virtual machine (VirtualBox or VMWare Player both could work) and install in the VM.

Wing Ling Leung

Hello Wing,

You are right. The installation was done by another user account with administrator rights. As this is a shared pc where I do not have admin rights to the PC. I have also tried logging into the pc with my account, and try to run the installation as a different user with administrator rights. However, I am still getting the same message. It might be challenging for me to install VM on my PC. Also, it is not possible for me to have admin rights to the PC. Therefore, would like to check with you if there is other way I can go about overcoming this issue? Or any way I can go about changing the directory where it looked up for the DB?

Appreciate your advice on this. Thank you.

Jia Min Toh

Hello Jia,

That's what I suspected based on the image you shared earlier with the Access Denied issue on an MDF database file. I think the simplest options are:

1. You install the learning edition on your personal laptop where you have admin access. The learning edition is only meant to be around for initial evaluation/learning of Blue Prism so can be easily removed when you are done.

2. Work with your company's admin to install a more standard edition where the SQL data isn't stored in a specific user directory.

There may be other ways to approach the problem but probably requires more effort than what I am sensing you and your team want/can take on for this evaluation effort.

Wing Ling Leung