cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Navigate->Attach using Window Titles collection

ThomasTong
Level 4
When trying to attach to an instance of iexplore, I am putting into the Windows Titles collection, the string in the tag of the (which is also the text shown in the tab).  However, the stage throws an exception saying "Target application could not be identified".  Why isn't the instance if IE attaching?  There is only one IE running with the page I want (no other tabs). I am using BP v6.3.1.7631
13 REPLIES 13

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I've found that sometimes it works better without the title being filled into the modeler or attach stage.   Just to be sure - You've said there's ""only one IE running."" While I know that means there's only one window, is there also only one instance of it in Task Manager? By default, there's usually two, unless you add a reg key.

ThomasTong
Level 4
In the task manager, when I close the IE, I can see that there is no more iexplore running.  When it is started, I see two iexplore processes, each with a different PID under the Details tab, but only one in the Processes tab.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
That'd be your problem. Open Regedit and go to ""HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main"" , and add a new DWORD called TabProcGrowth . It will default to 0 - save it as that. This will restrict IE to a single process, and should allow the bot to work. You'll need to restart IE after the key is added.

ThomasTong
Level 4
I did that in the meantime, and now, after the initial launch of the app, it threw an error (BP became unresponsive for like 20 to 30 secs).  After I removed the DWORD, the launch actually works.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
That's... Odd. That being said, I have seen problems with attaching if BP launches the browser.   Try adding the key back in, but use command line to launch the browser instead. You should be able to attach to it after. I'm attaching an object, if you need something to handle that.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
It also occurs to me that the delay may be due to how you have the integration set up in the modeler. Under the dropdown where it says ""Select the Application Manager mode:"", what do you have that set to?

ThomasTong
Level 4
The error (exception caught) is:  'Launch' - There are no more files. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070012)

ThomasTong
Level 4
It is set to ""Embedded (Default)

AmiBarrett
Level 12
That mode should be correct. The error is very odd indeed. Can you screenshot how you've configured that Launch stage?