cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to SPY an IE popup

VincentWatkins
Level 3
I am building a process for my team using Blue Prism. For one of the internal web application processes that I am trying to automate, I am presented with a popup from IE. The popup is simply an "OK" or "Cancel" button option asking if I am sure that I want to save the changes I am making. For some reason I am not able to SPY the elements on the popup and am only identifying the identifiable items from the original page. Can anyone step me through how to work around this?

------------------------------
-Vincent Watkins
4 REPLIES 4

VivekGoel
Level 10
There are some popups which are outside the container of original browser and BP can't identify those popups .

All you need to do is, create another object which could attach to the POPUP only.. and do the clicks on it for you.

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

To add to Vivek's point, the VBO used to spy HTML will be attached to the 'inner' exe of IE. However, pop ups like Save As belong to the 'outer' exe, to which the VBO is not connected. If you create another VBO called something like 'IE Win32', you'll be able to create generic actions such as 'Wait for and OK Message', 'Save As' etc that you'll be able to reuse on different projects.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Mohammed_OmerAl
Level 4
Hi All, 
Thank you for highlighting issues. 
There are two ways to click the ok or cancel button. 
First- You can use global send keys to click above buttons with the help of tab. 
Second- Attach the pop up window with only window title ( do not give any process name as iexplore or other)  like Message from webpage as window title then spy using AA mode it will work fine. I am using above for my multiple projects. 
Hope this helps you. 

Thanks
Omer

Mohammed Omer Ali

Thank you both for your help! I have resolved the issue by creating a new popup VBO (as recommended) then identifying the Windows application in UIA spy mode and identifying the button element in AA spy mode.

Vincent Watkins