cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Spy Elements for web application UI mode with Chrome browser

SagarGanji
Level 2
We are on Blue prism v6.10.3 We are trying spy elements on web application in UI mode with Chrome browser, its highlighting Whole page instead particular buttons can someone assist on this.

We tried changing --force-renderer-accessibility in application wizard and we tried changing it from Embedded to win32 mode and win64 still no luck.

------------------------------
Sagar Ganji
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Sagar - check that you have the Chrome extension installed, it's an essential requirement for spying Chrome.
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/browser-extension-chrome.htm

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thank you John,  we have extension installed with same version as our blue prism version we tried installing via group policy as well as from chrome web store still no luck.

We tried all possible steps by changing it to win32 win64 from embedded in application wizard that also did not helped us please suggest us.

Sagar Ganji

Hi Sagar,
Have you confirmed you're attaching to the correct Chrome instance?  If you have multiple Chrome windows open it could be attaching to the wrong one.  Even a single Chrome window can create multiple Chrome instances.  Try pulling back all the process IDs from task manager and using that number to attach (in the PID field of the attach action), then try to spy. You can do this manually at first to see if it works.  If you're able to attach and spy correctly using this method, there are functions you can call within the object to retrieve the PID and then loop through attaching until you get to the right one.

Alternatively, any chance the site is using JavaScript?

Diane Sanzone

Diane makes a good point. As a test, launch Chrome manually then make your object attach using a Navigate stage (usually Child Index=0 will attach you to the correct instance of Chrome)

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thank you Diane and John we will give it a try and will post you the status and yes site partly using Java

Sagar Ganji

Hi Sagar,

If the attach via PID method doesn't fix your issue, please do let us know. I personally have a case open with BP support regarding a similar issue on a JavaScript based application.  According to them it's a known issue in my release, but yours is different than mine.  If this doesn't fix your issue I can provide the results of my ticket to you once I receive them.

Good luck!

Diane Sanzone