cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Spy elements of web app in an iframe tag

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I was not ble to spy elements in a web application opened in an iframe in HTML mode.Only iframe gets selected/highlighted. I tried in AA mode, however I was not able to uniquely identify elements. I tried with some tricks using Match index attribute. Again I was stuck at the point where I wasn't able to identify if element is displayed on screen. Even if elements were not showing on screen they application modeller highlighted them in AA mode. Also for me, the region mode doesn't capture images for web applications. Isnt there a simpler way to spy elements of application in iframe. Regards Mustafa Salabath Khan
2 REPLIES 2

JeannetteDuVal
Level 2
Hi, You can create your own VBO using Visual Basic, with Visual Basic is possible to read thru the HTML elements, including iframes. Regards.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It should always be possible to identify any element without reverting to code (using Blue Prism is supposed to be a move away from difficult to support bespoke scripting). If you are ever about to use code stages instead of Application Modeller please chat to your Blue Prism mentor/expert first to ensure there is not an easier way. I would recommend you contact your Blue Prism mentor if you are having trouble identifing an element uniquely as he will have more practice. If you haven't already read it, I recommend the Browser Automation Guide in the learning area of the portal, also it might be worth seeing if the other option on the Identify button (the navigator option which brings up a treeview of the model) gives you any other elements to identify. Don't forget, you can change the number on match index to be other than 1, you can also use x and y (or parent x, or ax etc) coordinates in a more dynamic/robust way by using > or < - i.e. and dyncamically based upon the position of a nearby label (which you will be able to spy uniquely because if it's text, and retreive its bounds).