Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to click on HTML link

SandeepSatish
Level 5
Hi ,
I am unable to click on certain HTML elements. This is what i have tried

1. Using HTML spied on the element. Highlight happens correctly but while trying to click it just doesn't do anything.  no errors also
2. I spied using UI mode and now the click does work. However the element that i am accessing is dynamic and its height keeps on increasing. After it reaches a specific height then the remaining elements are not visible in UI directly and we need to use a scroll bar to see the complete element. The global mouse click center however goes and clicks on yellow space assuming that the element exists there. I tried using X and Y coordinates but the coordinates retrieved using Get Screen / Relative Bound is nowhere near the window where i need to click.

20744.png

------------------------------
Sandeep Satish
Asia/Kolkata
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello,
A couple of other things to try:

*  Using HTML mode experiment with different press/click events.  Maybe even try sending a space character to the button element.
*  Activate the window (Win32),  then use UIA or AA mode and send a focus action to the element.  Then send a global mouse click.  A global mouse click will always work.
*  There is also Invoke Javascript functionality in Blue Prism (should be something on how to use that in the Product help and/or other threads in this forum).  You could Invoke the button press.  The Invoke Javascript option was created for a project I was on 11 or 12 years ago where a HTML button did not work!

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

Hi Sandeep

Have you tried adjusting the element attributes to get a more accurate identification? perhaps un-select the height attribute to and check if the element is still identified and if not try playing with adding in different attributes such as match index. Match index can be set to 1 and incremented if doesnt initially identify the element e.g. 1 cant identify the element so set it to 2 and try highlighting the element again etc.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9
Hi @SandeepSatish​​,

As suggested by @Denis__Dennehy, you can use any of the suggested ways. I generally spy the element in HTML mode and use focus action to bring the focus to that element and post that, we can use UIA/AA mode to perform Global mouse click center action.
Alternatively, Javascript is one of the best solutions which directly perform the action. You have to identify the correct function, the button click is performing and directly calling the function along with its parameters using Navigate stage.​​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

MalakDudhia1
Level 5
As other suggested way you can try, I would like to add one more method - is there direct URL, if you click on HTML element? If yes then would suggest use that, if other method can not use.

Malak Dudhia