cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to identify Elements in Chrome Browser Using Browser Mode in BP 6.10.4

AkashKumar6
Level 3

Hi All,

I would like to get your support is resolving issue related to browser Automation.
Recently we migrated to BP 6.10.4 and since then browser automation is not working.

We tried below but no success so far.
1. Enabling of ephemeral port
2. Re-installation of Browser Extension (6.10.4)
3. Re-installation of Google Chrome
4. Checked the firewall and port is allowed as well

After making this changes(1 to 3), it works the first time but after restart of machine, it stops to work again.

Please let me know if anyone else has faced similiar issue and managed to solve it.
Note : Browser Automation is working in MS EDGE

Thanks and Regards

Akash Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Akash,

Did you try appending --force-renderer-accessibility  to your URL? As mentioned in the below KB article, it might help in fixing the Browser mode. If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest raising a ticket with our Support Team so they can look into the issue.

KB Article:  https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/Chrome/1301422882/Why-am-I-unable-to-spy-elements-under-Browser-Spy-Mode-with-Chrome.htm

------------------------------
Vikrant Sharma
Senior Solution Designer
Blue Prism
------------------------------
Vikrant Sharma Senior Solution Designer Blue Prism

RushabhDedhia
Level 4
Hey Akash,

Here are a few tips which may workout for you
1) Use "--force-renderer-accessibilitybefore your URL, this is recommended for any kind of browser automation using Chrome
2) Sometimes spying on the element works when you Resize your screen with the chrome.
3) Whenever browser mode will not work, I usually jump to AA mode or UIA mode. If the web application or website is not properly maintained, something AA & UIA mode will decrease the overall speed of your automation.
4) You can also try the approach of invoking the Javascript

The reason for trying a different mode is sometimes when you restart your machine & if you had applied some group policy over chrome, it may reset the settings that you made in past in your chrome.

Please find attached V6.10 User Guide for Chrome & another browser.

Regards
Rushabh Dedhia Founder, Biznessology (https://www.linkedin.com/company/biznessology/) +91 9428860307

AkashKumar6
Level 3

Hi All,

Thanks for your support.
The issue got solved by following below steps:

1. Make sure there is no running edge instance Or Close all edge instance as startup during the start of machine.
    BP seems to be communicating to one browser at a time, which means if your edge is running in background and the port got used there, then BP will not work with       Chrome.
    You can performed a netstat -ABNO on the machine and check which browser actively binding the port(31924).

2. We also changed the way we launch the browser(chrome).
     Previously, we were using Start Process to Launch the Chrome and then Attaching it.
     Now, we changed it to launch using Navigate Stage. 

Regarding Point 2 - we are not sure how it is helping in solving the problem, but after this change we no longer have the issue.(Reason is unknown)

There are some required browser settings which you can view from BP Docs.

Best Regards
Akash Kumar