cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to spy elements using Java Automation mode

RajithaVyshnava
Level 2
I have one web application, once I enter URL in IE, the home page opens & it consists 4 different states images(like Pennsylvania, New York). After clicking on New York image, one Window pops up, I see that it's a Java application from Task Manager. I have done below Java configuration steps

1. JABWrapper.dll is available & Enabled Java Access Bridge from Control Panel
2. Added descendtree & ignorenotshowing options to Application Wizard  
3. JRE version should be 1.2.2 or later. It is "1.7.0_25" in my VM, which met the requirement.
4. BP Java Access Bridge version 2.0.0 is installed which is compatible with above mentioned JRE version
5. Verified that file named 'accessibility.properties' is available in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib
6. Ensured attached (Access Bridge Dlls & jar files required)dlls are available in the respective locations
7. Tried to spy elements using "Open Application Navigator" of Application Modeler
But still, I see that only few text boxes in the page I'm able to highlight & I'm unable to spy any single button & other fields in that page(ref Application screen file)
Surface Automation is the second option for this as the window size / elements positions doesn't change. However, it takes more time. Hence suggest me if I missed anything for Java Automation 

------------------------------
Rajitha Vyshnava
Senior Systems Engineer
CGI
Asia/Kolkata
1 REPLY 1

NagarjunaAtukur
Level 4
Hi Rajitha,

follow below steps:
* Enable Java Helper (32bit and 64bit) from "IE Browser > Tools > Manage Add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions"
* Change the application manager mode to External, 32 bit from Application Moduller if the java application is indeed 32 bit.
* I would also suggest adding the ignorenotshowing parameter if you encounter further spying errors as this will ignore hidden elements which can further bog you down.

Above steps fixed my issue earlier.

- Naga

Nagarjuna Atukuri
Sr Programmer
American Express
Asia/Kolkata