cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to spy in AA mode after Office 2016 update

NicoEsposito
Level 2
Hi all. I'm currently developing a PoC for a client, and the resource pc I've been provided runs on Windows 7, and I started developing with MS Office 2010 installed. Midway through development, the pc had an automatic installation of the Office 365 2016 package. After that installation, I have not been able to spy any element using AA mode, nor identify previously spied elements. This is obviously a problem as they were the only solution for certain parts of the process. When attempting to spy in AA mode, I can generally only spy the main window (where before I could spy individual elements). For a "Save As" Windows prompt I can see individual elements but not succesfully spy them. The errors I get when attempting to spy are of the following type: System.ApplicationException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Accessibility.IAccessible'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{618736E0-3C3D-11CF-810C-00AA00389B71}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) I have tried the solution outlined here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sm...ft-visualstudio-ole-interop-iserviceprovider/ but to no avail. Any input is much appreciated! Thanks in advance, Nico
3 REPLIES 3

Murali_MohanKon
Level 4
We too got same issues,then downgraded to 2010 version

MindaugasBresku
Level 4
Did you tried to reregister OLEACC.DLL? from cmd with administrator rights: cd c:\windows\system32\ regsvr32.exe oleacc.dll  

I was having the same problem, happy to say that the above solution of reregistering the dll fixed it.
Thanks for your help.