cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to store value from read stage into colection

TimsySangal
Level 4
Hi All,I am trying to read an element with dynamic attributes in a read stage(Get Current value) and store the value in a collection(using [CollectionName.FieldName] in the Store In field).This gives an error -

Page: Action 1
Stage: Reader1
Type: Error
Action: Validate
Description: Row 1 has an invalid store in location - the stage '[Data.PMS]' is located on another page and is marked as hidden.
Repairable: No

The collection has been created on the same page.I also tried unchecking the option "Hide from other pages in the process", but the same error shows up.

I repeated the same process and used a data item to store the result in the read stage.I did not change anything else,but the read stage worked this time.After this I added a calculation stage to store the result from the data item in the same collection.This solution worked.

Although I have found a work around,but I would like to know why the read stage does not allow storing the value in a collection.
5 REPLIES 5

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Check if collection field properly defined in collection (PMS, type Text).
Also if collection is empty, you need to add row first.

------------------------------
Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

FredericTaes1
Level 3
Hi there,

we're encountering the same issue now, after updating to 6.6.
It seems this was a new issue introduced only recently.
@BlueprismSuppor I've created a ticket 74661​​ as well, but I can't seem to open the support pages (as I've sent the mail from my customer's address)

Can you please have a look at this issue ?

KR,

Frederic

Frederic Taes
RPA Consultant
RoboRana

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for your response.

Please let me know if you receive any response from the BluePirsm support team.

Thanks and Regards,
Timsy

Consultant
Capgemini

Hi Timsy,

Just to let you know: Blue Prism Support identified and confirmed it as a bug. It should be solved in the next release (hopefully coming soon).
Also: it is purely a validation error. It is still working as before; it only identifies as an error when you perform a validation check …

KR,

Frederic

Frederic Taes

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for the update.

Thanks and Regards,
Timsy

Consultant
Capgemini