cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Multiple Explorer Windows at the same time

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I launch the following web page: https://secretaria.uvigo.gal/docnet-nuevo/guia_docent/?centre=312&ensenyament=V12G360V01&consulta=assignatures&idioma=cast , if I try to relaunch more webpages I need to detach it from Blue Prism, because if not the following error appears €œInternal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Navigate Stage 'Launch Web' on page 'Launch' - Application already launched€. Since then, I can launch the webpage as many times as I want without errors.   Once done this I need to attach the application and here€™s where I€™m having problems. In both cases I need to use Child Index=0 because If not the following problem appears: €œInternal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach' - More than one application matched the criteria€.   I€™ve used two methods:   1st method: In the Application Wizard consider that €œA browser which is already running€ In the Application Wizard I need to write the name of the Window Title €œGuia Docente*€ because if not, the window doesn€™t attach to the process properly. Once done this I use Navigate-Attach with Process Name €œiexplore€. Having this done when I spy elements all the elements are shown and by creating dynamic match index I can interact with several windows at the same time. The problem is that match index appears random (not by the way that I€™ve opened the window) and I can€™t decide what element choose or not.   2nd method: In the Application Wizard consider that €œA browser that is launched from an executable file€ I use Navigate-Attach with Window Title €œGuia Docente*€  because Process Name €œiexplore€ don€™t work properly. Having this done when I spy elements, only the last launched element appear and I€™m unable to move among windows.   I would like to know if there€™s a kind of handle function (as excel object does) in web pages where I can move from one page to another. I thought It was Child Index but it matches all the launched browsers instead of one of them. How would you solve this problem?   Thank you very much for your support.   Regards   Javier Sayago Mohedano
3 REPLIES 3

david.l.morris
Level 14
It sounds like you're interacting with two different web applications using the same object. Is that right?
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello david, It's the same web page using the same object. I want to use that to download several files at the same time in a parallel way. Thank you

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi, 2.2 TabProcGrowth If the above is not appropriate for your means, as an alternative you can configure Internet Explorer to not create multiple processes. This is done by changing a registry setting, specifically the registry key: HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main A DWORD value called TabProcGrowth should be set to one of the following values:  0 (Zero) – This disables protected mode for IE Security Zones and tells Internet Explorer to open tabs and frames within the same process.  1 (One) - This leaves protected mode enabled, and ensures that all tabs in a given frame run in a single process. Note that this may require the use of process flow to launch and separately attach to the required IE instance. Two processes will still be created, one for the frame and one for all the tabs within that frame. Changing the value will require Internet Explorer to be restarted before it can pick up the new registry value.   Hope this helps.