cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write text in Notepad BO

GauravTripathi
Level 2

Hi All,

I am new to BluePrism  and doing a beginner course. While doing my first exercise with BO using Notepad, I got hits error. Any idea on how to resolve this error.

Notepad is getting launched but cannot write or close the application.

Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage 'Write Note' on page 'Write' - Unable to match any windows with the query terms

4 REPLIES 4

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Gaurav,

In Application select the attributes in such a way that Blue prism can identify the Notepad window correctly. Try Attach by giving the proper window title, activate the window and then try writing. 

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Hi,

Spy the element with standard attributes. Later add attach logic in your action page and then add your notepad logic then execute your flow it will work as excepted. 

Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

harish.m
MVP

HI Gaurav Tripathi,

As others mentioned  you might need to  spy the window and also spy inside notepad window  where we suppose to write the text.

It is helpful if you add the screenshot about the issue you encountered and the steps you followed.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

GauravTripathi
Level 2

Hell0 Babjee, Devendran & Harish - Thanks for taking out time to reply to my query.

Based on the suggestions, I opened Notepad application in spy mode to identify the elements and then attached the Write & Close actions in action page. It worked as expected.

Thanks again!