cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unattended Mode

LailaAl-Sheikh
Level 3
Hi 

I'm trying to run Process using unattended mode , which contains elements which are spied through Region Mode. It's running fine when we are running this using Control Room (Attended Mode), but not running in unattended mode for the element spied through region mode. Please suggest what settings are required to achieve this functionality.

Best Regards,

------------------------------
Laila Al-Sheikh
13 REPLIES 13

EmersonF
MVP
Hello, could you validate the VM resolution? generally this can make it difficult to locate the element speculated as REgion, a good practice is whenever you initialize the process that contains Region elements, it is to validate if the resolution of the VM is in accordance with what was developed.

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Hi, I don't use the VM. I connect to my Blue Prism through a Remote Desktop, And The elements in the process which are spied through Region Mode are not working in untended mode
Please, Do you have any recommendations for the elements working in an unattended mode to work properly? And I want to make sure if we have a way for the elements which are spied through Region Mode to running in the unattended mode? Or this thing is impossible ?

Laila Al-Sheikh

It would be better to use a VM viewer application such as VSphere to login to the VM. The reason for this is that when you login to the VM via Remote Desktop, it may change the resolution to the one that you set in the Remote Desktop configuration which may be different than the default resolution of the VM. Alternatively you can set the resolution in the Remote Desktop Configuration(Display Tab) to the same resolution as the default resolution of the VM.

Also if using the Remote Desktop the only option then it would be advised that you logoff and login in the machine using the relevant BP processes from Control room before you try a test run of your BP process.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

So, There's no way to work the element in unattended mode using a Remote Desktop??? 

When I checked options for remote desktop app I found this settings if I can check some setting to run the unattended mode (Note: I attached the screenshot for option of remote desktop)

Laila Al-Sheikh

What is the default resolution of the VM that you are trying to run from Control Room? What is the resolution that you are using to remote desktop into the system for development? What exactly is not working when you say bot is not running in unattended mode? Is there a problem running from Control room or Remote Desktop?

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Laila,

The issue you are experiencing is because of the Screen Resolution changes when you close the Remote Desktop Session. 

It is a bit difficult to explain but you have to imagine your virtual machine (Remote Desktop) has two states. 

1. You are signed IN to the machine through Remote Desktop (The screen resolution match YOUR PC screen resolution)
  2. You are signed OUT of the machine. It has a default screen resolution (Usually a very low resolution to save resources)

This can be resolved by changing the Default Screen Resolution of the machine. 

You may need Administrator Rigths to the machine in order to change it. 

https://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/10681-tutorial-how-change-windows-10-default-resolution.html
Take a look at this site.

Simon Andre Pedersen
Manager
PWC HK
Asia/Hong_Kong

How are you running it when doing unattended? Is the machine logged out and you trigger Login Agent to log the machine in and then you run the automation?

Do you get a specific error?

Typically the only problem I've run into with Remote Desktop is that Blue Prism can no longer automate the UI of the interactive Windows session if you disconnect from the RDP session. Instead, you have to log out of the session and then trigger a separate session to log in without RDP and run the automation. This is a known thing for any RPA tool specifically for Remote Desktop sessions because it does not create sessions the same as when a user logs in (locally) to the machine.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi Simon, I tried Your advice and changed the Default Screen Resolution of the machine, but it didn't work.

Laila Al-Sheikh

Could you try determine what is the Screen resolution of the machine when you are signed into the virtual machine using RDP. 
and also check what it is when it is running as unattended. 

As other point out it is very important you signout of the VM, and use the Login Agent to sign into the VM. 

Could also be after you changed the Regedit settings you have to restart the VM for it to take effect. 

You can create a Process which output the results of the following VBO Utility - Environment - Get Screen Resolution

or call this type of:
code dim S As Size = Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Size
Horizontal_Resolution = S.Width
Vertical_Resolution = S.Height

Simon Andre Pedersen
Manager
PWC HK
Asia/Hong_Kong