cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Status in Queue and Exception Error

LokeshRaj1
Level 3
Hi Friends , For a Locked item in the work queue , I am unable to update status and also Mark it as Exception . Is there any Possibility to Update Status without releasing the lock? Because I want to Ensure that if I release the lock some other Robot might take the Record. I want to avoid that. (1/13/2017 8:45:09 PM ACTION: 'Action3' ERROR: Internal : The specified item was not locked by this business object) Scenario: object 1 - Get the item from the queue and object 2 getting the id from object 1. and item in the queue gets locked and unable to update status. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I think you need to keep the 'ownership' of the queue item within the same object/process.

DineshVallapu1
Level 2
Hi @John, Raj and I work on the same Assignment. I just wanted to know what ""ownership"" you meant. Can you please elaborate on that in Technical aspect. Thanks

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Guys - the diagram that calls Get Next Item takes possession of the item, and the queue locks that item its behalf. The error you are seeing is because some other diagram is trying to update the item without permission - BP is effectively saying 'you are not the owner of this item'. Basically you need to do your item updates in the same process/object that called Get Next Item in the first place. Tag Item is an exception to this rule - I think you can tag an item at just about any time from any diagram.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Very helpful topic!