cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade skipping intermediate version

Prashant
Level 4
Hi,

We are planning to upgrade from version 6.5.0 to 6.7.3. This will be our first upgrade exercise since starting to use RPA about an year ago. As per advise in one of the webinars for upgrade i read through the release notes of all the intermediate versions. However I have some questions which i could not find clear answers:

1. We plan to use in-product version upgrade with sa privilege user. Will this apply all the updates required for upgrade the database from version 318 all the way to 360 or do I need to get the update scripts for all intermediate versions and run them manually? If I need to run intermediate scripts - how can I get them?

2. It was recommended to reduce the logs table size as it might cause failure or take too much time for upgrade.
 - Which logs does it refer to : Session logs, task logs or Audit logs?
-  What would be the maximum size that teh upgrade scripts can work well with without other changes like increasing connection timeout.

3. Do i need to import the VBOs mentioned in all the intermediate release notes - we do use a few of them? Are the VBOs available in the installation folder the latest & stable ones or do I need to check Digital Exchange for the VBOs?

Thank you for your time and responses in advance.

------------------------------
Best Regards
Prashant
IMF
1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
1. You only need to upgrade once, directly to the version you want to install. There's no need for installing any intermediate versions.
2. Session logs most likely. However, audit logs can grow to be huge as well, so you may want to take a look at the table size there as well. But in any case, it's still most likely session logs you will want to archive.
3. Assuming you have not edited any of the relevant VBOs, you can just import all the VBOs in the VBO folder once you've installed the latest version. Yes, the VBOs in the VBO folder are the latest and should be stable. However, there are more great VBOs on the DX too, but the ones included with the installation should be the latest of those specific VBOs.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA