cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading file to Sharepoint Folder

john.hammond
Level 6
Good Morning all,

I'm looking to upload/copy/save an Excel file to a specific Sharepoint Folder. Firstly, my apologies in advance - I am by no means an expert in working with SharePoint. I'm aware that there is the Graph API for interacting with SharePoint, but I have absolutely no idea how that works in practice (is there an idiots guide somewhere as to how this integrates with Blue Prism?). I'd like to think that there was a simpler solution to this particular issue anyway - denoting a save path on SharePoint for the document from with the 'Save Workbook As' object within the Excel VBO - but I cannot seem to get this to work. 

So actually, I guess there are two questions that I currently have:
* Is there a simple way to save an Excel file to a specific folder on SharePoint? If so, how?
* How does Graph API work for someone who's not overtly familiar with SharePoint and indeed API's in general? The documentation is fine but could benefit from some example structures within Blue Prism.

Not sure if it over-complicates things, but the file(s) I'll be looking to upload will just under 6mb - from what I understand, there may be a 4mb limit on the Graph API Upload File action?

I should add: one thing I've seen mentioned is about uploading to OneDrive and then syncing to SharePoint, however unfortunately, my organisation has blocked this.

------------------------------
John Hammond
20 REPLIES 20

Hi,

Please see if this helps your case :-

Solution :  Assuming your robot works on file and saves it locally - Make your Process send this as attachment to your mail.
                   Set up a Power Automate flow (free and simple) - to place this file in SharePoint whenever you receive  a Mail with specified trigger and attachment.

Thanks 

Kolli Sai Vikas