cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : SPY mode is not identifying in the correct position of an element

DebashisGhosh1
Level 4
HI Team,

I am working in one of the web base application and spying the web element using HTML spy mode. While spying the element I found that it's not spying in the correct position of the element rather than it's pointing to the upper side of the actual element position.

As I can't give the actual screenshot of the client application I am providing an example to make you understand. In the attached screen shot , I want to spy the element circled in green color. While spying using HTML mode the Green color element is identifying in the upper portion as showed with the red box. 
So far tried :
1. Changed the desktop resolution to : 1920*1080 and text size to - 100% Restarted the desktop. No impact.
2. Maximize the application while spying the app element.

Screenshot:
31043.png

Do you have any solution for that ?

------------------------------
Debashis
Debashis Ghosh
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

GauravDhiman
Level 5
Hi Debashis,
There could be following reasons for the above issue:
-Definitely try Michal's advise,this is the first setting which is an issue.If not then try below steps.
- Check Blueprism compatibility by  Right click your blueprism desktop Icon>Properties>Compatability tab>change high DPI settings>Check Overide high DPI scaling behavior.and scaling performed by system. 
-Another reason could be some websites cannot be scaled on IE so,if using chrome is not an issue try spying on chrome.Refer to my post on spying HTML with chrome,the use of global send keys and clicks is bit different in chrome,which I have explained there.

do let us know how you go.

Regards 

Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman
RPA developer,ROM Architect
Melbourne,VIC,Australia
0413 930 960
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi,

Did You check browser zoom settings? it should be also set to 100%

Best regards,
Michal Szumski

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

GauravDhiman
Level 5
Hi Debashis,
There could be following reasons for the above issue:
-Definitely try Michal's advise,this is the first setting which is an issue.If not then try below steps.
- Check Blueprism compatibility by  Right click your blueprism desktop Icon>Properties>Compatability tab>change high DPI settings>Check Overide high DPI scaling behavior.and scaling performed by system. 
-Another reason could be some websites cannot be scaled on IE so,if using chrome is not an issue try spying on chrome.Refer to my post on spying HTML with chrome,the use of global send keys and clicks is bit different in chrome,which I have explained there.

do let us know how you go.

Regards 

Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman
RPA developer,ROM Architect
Melbourne,VIC,Australia
0413 930 960
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960