cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Resource PC Commands to send Request Stop - what are the actions available for action command.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to manage sessions using command line (telnet) to resource PC. I can do everything other than request stop / immediate stop. Is it possible to send a request stop? There is a stop which seems to be even stronger than immediate stop - I have called 'interrupt stop' as that's what appears in logs. (details below). Give a process to resource PC (pending): 'create name ' Start process: 'start last' or 'start ' (session ID is given as a output when creating) Interrupt stop: 'stop ' From what I have seen, request stop (from Control Room) stops only when it ends current stage block (i.e. it waits until a wait stage is over which can be hours - which can be overcome with a looped wait and a decision block to check how long it's been actually waiting). But this "interrupt stop" is an actual immediate stop - kills a wait stage even. Possible solution: This is an 'action' command available which can be given to a session. help action Command: action Either 'action ' to run an action on the specified session, or 'action last ' to run an action on the last session created on this connection. The response is 'STARTED' or an error code. I could not find any that can be given. I believe request stop and immediate stop would be here since 'action' command can only be given to a session (which we do in the Control Room). I tried several guesses, but nothing helped. Same commands can be sent using HTTP GET/POST. A bit of context: I would like to stop less priority process when a higher priority process needs to be run. Scheduler does not allow this - it would continue to run the low priority one till it completes (and it can be just a 24/7 process looking for work). So use an automated tool using telnet to start/stop processes as needed. Everything is available except request stop!
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You are correct, you cannot requiest stop from the command line options - I suggest maybe adding that to the ideas & enhancements area of this forum as i think that is an oversignt. What you can do as a workaround is have a session variable in your processes called something like 'Stop ASAP' - which defaults to false. That can be evaluated by the Stop? decision in your process (there should always be a stop decision as all your processes should be based upon the mandatory Process Template). There is a command line option called setvar that can be used to update the value of a session variable.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Try automatec.exe /requeststop /user MyName MyPassword

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Correction: automatec.exe /requeststop MySessionID /user MyName MyPassword

IvetteOnay
Level 2
In what document I could find more information about the options of the ejecution in command line?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The in-product Help file has a section on command line. You can also use the command C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automatec.exe /help