cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use case - Warning

EmersonF
MVP
Good afternoon everyone, how are you?
I've seen some questions here about Warnings, and one more came up.
At what point do I have/need to use the alert stage? Can you share any use cases with me?
When do you use/use it?
15836.png

------------------------------
Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9
Hi @EmersonF,

An Alert stage is used to display notifications (on screen) whilst a process runs within the Control Room. It displays notifications in a similar fashion to the Facebook notifications you get within your browser when you remain logged in.

You can use it the same way as you would with any other stage in your process. Just link it in where you feel you can benefit from a notification. I personally would place these at points where your process terminates (and you cannot recover) or when a process has successfully completed.

An Alert stage allows you to link back into a process which means that the process does not stop when it reaches this particular point. If you don't provide a Link from the Alert stage to go to the next logical stage in your process then the process will of course terminate.

The message displayed will show up in the Session Logs.

I hope this helps. If I've not answered your question properly - do let me know 

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9
Hi @EmersonF,

An Alert stage is used to display notifications (on screen) whilst a process runs within the Control Room. It displays notifications in a similar fashion to the Facebook notifications you get within your browser when you remain logged in.

You can use it the same way as you would with any other stage in your process. Just link it in where you feel you can benefit from a notification. I personally would place these at points where your process terminates (and you cannot recover) or when a process has successfully completed.

An Alert stage allows you to link back into a process which means that the process does not stop when it reaches this particular point. If you don't provide a Link from the Alert stage to go to the next logical stage in your process then the process will of course terminate.

The message displayed will show up in the Session Logs.

I hope this helps. If I've not answered your question properly - do let me know 

Consultant
EY
Gurgaon

Perfect, I believe this type of information will help a lot of people in the community!! Thank you for taking the time to solve this topic.

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Happy to help @EmersonF :)​

Consultant
EY
Gurgaon