cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using OLEDB for interacting with a large excel

JonasBertels
Level 3
Hello everyone, For a new process, I need to work with a "Motherfile" which is basically a large excel file which contains all data for a certain process. This excel file contains atm 26,5k Rows and between 15 and 20 columns. Regarding OutOfmemory, putting this all in a collection is not preferred. I saw in the Excel automation guide it is possible to make use of OLEDB to retrieve AND update data in an excel. Is there anyone who could help me with the following questions: - How to I make this interactino between an Excel, OLEDB and BluePrism work exactly? - Using this method, is it possible to both retrieve selected data, as well as update select rows? - Are there any good guides on how to do this in practice you can share with me?   Many thanks in advance! Kind regards, Jonas
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

VijayDodamani
Level 5
Hello Jonas,   With OLEDB you can only select the data from the excel. There are two versions available of ODBC driver listed as below:  ACE JET With ACE OLEDB, you can only be fire select query and get the data. With JET OLEDB, you can be able to insert and update as well.   Please install the appropriate version of ODBC driver.   Thank you. Regards,  Vijay Rudrappa Dodamani