cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility Environment- Kill Process

JohnTan
Level 3
Hi

I am new to Blue Prism. I want to kill all the existing process of Internet Explorer (if any). 

I read elsewhere I am supposed to input "iexplore" as the value for the Process Name. But it doesn't work. When I run the activity, my existing IE  are not closed. THank you

------------------------------
John Tan
4 REPLIES 4

vrushalird
Level 3
Hello John,

Using Utility - Environment VBO, it is possible to close the existing Internet Explorer instance by providing "iexplore" for the Process Name. Even if there are no instances of IE, it will not fail.

Vrushali Daware
Tata Consultancy Services

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hello John,
You can use terminate action in navigate stage along with Kill Process in Utility environment.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer*
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

15719.png

Hi

For Utility - Environment VBO, I can't type into the "Process Name" box. I can only type into the Value. How do I resolve the issue? Thank you.

John Tan

Hi @John Tan , for every action the process name and data type are fixed values which depends on the name given in start parameter while creating the object . So you cant change them while calling , if you wish to change them simply change them at object level .

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------