cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility File Management - Get Files

Sophie_Katherin
Level 3

Hi all,

I have a process where I am using "Get Folders" to put all the folder names in a collection called "New Starters".

I am then looping through the New Starters collection and using New Starters.Path to find a file containing the word "*S D F*". This works on the first loop but for some reason when it gets to the second person it is not returning any files even though there is one containing the word. 

If I step through manually then it will find the folders correctly, but when stepping out it will not return any files after the first person. I have even tried changing the search criteria to "*.*" to return all files but it still does not do it when stepping out.

Has anyone had any issues with "Get Files" and know what the issue could be?

Thanks.

------------------------------
Sophie Katherine Smith
HR Systems, Data and Quality Assurance Manager
Arup
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

VivekGoel
Level 10
Can you please show the content on New Starters collection.

It would also help if you can share the Get Files action

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
https://www.rpatools.com/
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

NickiKristensen
Level 4
Hi Sophie,

We have found that sometimes running the process in Control Room or through the scheduler, is a bit too fast.
Does it help if you insert a 1, 5, or 10 second wait stage between each person in the loop?

Nicki Kristensen
RPA Developer
IBC International Business College

Thanks both for the suggestions. I have addressed the issue by looping through and sending the file path as an input each time to the page where "get files" is and this seems to have solved it.

Sophie Katherine Smith
HR Systems, Data and Quality Assurance Manager
Arup
Europe/London