cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Failures

MattDavis
Level 5
Good Morning,   I'm running BP 6.32 and lately I've seen a lot of issues where our automations fail when validating the environment. There are 2 steps in particular that seem to cause the failure (1. Checking connection to a SQL server & 2. Checking that a network directory exists). I know the automations are connected to the internet/network because they successfully ping. Generally, logging out & back in then kicking off the automation again allows the automation to process without any errors. Anyone else running into this or have ideas on how to work around this?  
4 REPLIES 4

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
We had similar issues in the past where a resource was logged into using Remote Desktop.  When this happened it caused 'something' to be changed for the run time resource.  Basically some applications would never be detected and to get it to work you had to log in and actually WATCH the process. Felt weird that the robot wouldn't do anything unless you were watching! this was no good for production, only solution that we came up with was to restart the machine and then it would work OK. I assume you have tried restarting the machine, but outside of that I'm not sure there is a simple solution, have seen a few posts like this in last few months with no clear answer.   sorry i cant help more

AmiBarrett
Level 12
RDP sets the resource to a terminal session, rather than a desktop session. From the moment you remotely connect via this method, the resource will locally display a lock screen, and Login Agent will be unable to interact with it. The two options to get around this (in order of ease) are: 1) Change how you remotely connect to the device (I highly recommend using TeamViewer) 2) Use tscon to return the session to the desktop (IE: start """" tscon 1 /dest:console ). Note that the 1 is the session number, and this can go up depending on the number of times people have been connecting to the system. This will need elevated privleges. For the latter, I've got a batch file that triggers on RDP disconnect, but we only use it as a last-resort. (See attached.)

Hi, 

Could you please re-attach the file you just mentioned?

Thank you

------------------------------
David Vizcaíno
RPA Programmer
EY
America/Bogota

We were triggering the process remotely from one BOT1 machine to another BOT2 machine. ( BOT1 will open BOT2 machine remotely ). Which worked well in v6.4 with stability and after upgrading to v6.8 it stopped working and sometimes it gets connected, it wasn't not stable. I used task scheduler to start the resource using "/resourcepc /public /port 8181 " tried added /dbconname "DBNAME" as well, resourcepc gets triggered and we can see Active Connection. In BOT1 machine we have created a batch file to trigger a process inside BOT2 with "automatec.exe /run "processname" /sso /resource "BOT2machinename" and tried adding /dbconname "DBNAME" as well. It was successful once when we wrote firewall rule for port 8181 and AutomateC. But later it stopped working.

Arun Pandiyan