cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Password

RichardLoughins
Level 4
I know this kind of defeats the purpose of the Credentials > Generate Password action, but is there a way that I can view what Blue Prism is actually setting as the password?  I see some people have said that I can unmask the password and send to a text data item, but I don't see a way to unmask it. I understand that the purpose of this is that no one can know what password is set, but I would like to send the password to the admin as part of this process, so that if an issue did arise, they can login to the application.
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You cannot unmask, you can amend your flow to cast the password to a text data item from where you can view it.  However, in the production environment that would not be possible as you should have no production studio access.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You cannot unmask, you can amend your flow to cast the password to a text data item from where you can view it.  However, in the production environment that would not be possible as you should have no production studio access.

RichardLoughins
Level 4
Thanks for the response Denis.  How do I cast the password to a text data item though?

RichardLoughins
Level 4
Never mind, had one of those moments 🙂  Forgot i can simply use the calculation stage to do that and was over complicating things

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Richard,   Even if we use calculation stage still we dont get our password instead we get some unique text.so how did u achive  in getting the plain text from the password??