cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Page to Load in Chrome || with and without Browser mode

GuggsKia
Level 4
Hello Team,
As IE is ending support, we have moved to Chrome and I am using BP v6.7.
I am not able to find option "Load Parent document" in wait stage for any element. I want to wait for the page to load.
Also,
*Browser mode is working on few pages only*
So using the base tag /HTML, how can I wait for it to load, any suggestions?

------------------------------
Guggs Kia
7 REPLIES 7

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello,

When you're coding, could you try launching the target page manually and then spy a control that appears once the page has fully loaded?
Once you have this element you can use an Intelligent Wait Stage for this element and use the 'Check Exists' option. 
that should let the bot know once the page has successfully loaded and it can proceed further.

Regards
Harpreet

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

Hey Harpreet,
Thanks for the solution. I am already following this on required pages but in this scenario after a button click, I am not sure what is going to be the next page.

Earlier in IE, it was achieved by waiting for the HTML of the page to load, which worked irrespective of the next page content.

Can this be done in Chrome now?

Guggs Kia

Hello Guggs Kia,

Yes it can be done in Chrome now. But you will find this option for Chrome browsers in BP v6.9 and above.

Regards
Harpreet

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

Hi @HarpreetKaur, I appreciate this is an old post, could you detail the method to verify page is fully load in Chrome using BP v7.1.2.

Thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

I guess in 7.1.2 there is an option to parent document Loaded in wait stage. I am using 7.2 that option is available. I am not sure about 7.1.2. By using this it will wait the page to load first then it will detect the element.

21580.png

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi @_Amlansahoo

Thanks for your response.

What modelling mode and element/control type offers this 'Parent Document Loaded' option ?

And is that using a read stage ?

We use a common action to launch/navigate to any URL, so need to utilise a common page element in Chrome browser (not a specific element of the target URL)

Thanks 

Derek

Hi Dreek,

You can find this option only in wait stage. You can launch or navigate to the URL using your common action and then you can add element in your respective object if that is visible or not  with 'Parent Document Loaded' option. It will wait fast page to load then it will identify if that element is there or not.

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo