cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning status in environment

DmytroShpin
Level 3
Could me someone please explain what does it mean if the process started in Control Room during the execution has the status "Warning"? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

HarshalJhingran
Level 4
I am also facing the same issue in one of our VDI's in production environment. When IE gets hanged, the Bot goes in warning status.  When I manually close the IE, the process resumes easily. Can anyone know the reason behind this?

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
For version 6: The warning state indicates that an action is taking longer than normal to complete. To change the warning threshold (the number of minutes that BP should to wait before raising a warning flag) you can: Change it globally: Go to the System tab > System menu from the left > Settings. You'll see an option called ""Default session warning time"". You can disable the warning by putting a 0 there if you want. Change it individually: double click on any stage to access its properties. At the bottom you'll see the ""Warning threshold"" option. Select ""Overridden"" if you want to specify something different than the System default.

NandakumarJadav
Level 4
But modification of the threshold only is a work around.. Is BP looking at what is the cause of this issue and planning to provide a resolution?

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
Blue Prism will not solve the warning issue by itself. These are a few scenarios that might cause an unwanted warning stage. These are the ones that I've seen: An object that hangs for ever attaching/interacting with an application (design or application issue) An infinite loop (design issue) A large file that takes forever to download or a report that takes forever to generate Long wait stages (i.e. having a conditional wait stage that waits for an element on the screen with a 20 minutes time out, if the element never appears BP will wait the entire 20 minutes before continue) It would be nice if BP could send a email notification when the warning status appears.

DmytroShpin
Level 3
Thanks Melissa_Genao, your answer was very helpful!

eswara_raoseera
Level 2
Hello, Can someone tell from which table I can get the warning status information. I need this to set an alert.

Hi Genao ,
your explanation is good regarding threshold warning but when i tried to set threshold warning individually for a stage by  setting it to overriden  as 1 minute and I intentionally set a sleep of 5 min and ran the process in control room then its not showing warning state it's showing just running only and one pls answer to this

------------------------------
mahesh reddy
------------------------------