cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service - Failed to create auto-instance - UNAVAILABLE

AmandeepMalhotr
Level 3
Hi,

We have exposed an object as a SOAP based web-service in Blue Prism, and this service is in turn consumed by a Java-based API. On calling this service, we face an intermittent issue wherein a message "Failed to create auto-instance - UNAVAILABLE" is returned by Blue Prism. We know that Blue Prism Server is able to get the request from the API, however it is unable to allocate a resource to serve this request. 

We know for sure that there were no processes running on this resource at that time, however Blue Prism is somehow not flushing the sessions after processing is complete. We could see on the resource pc that active connections are more than 1 even if there is no process is running on the resource.

Could you help us understand what we are doing wrong here? Is there a way to manually close the sessions?

------------------------------
Amandeep Malhotra
Robotics Engineer
Barclays Technology Centre India
Pune, Maharashtra
Amandeep Malhotra Robotics Engineer Barclays Technology Centre India Pune, Maharashtra
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, Amandeep,

do you call it with auto parameter in the SOAP call? Or how you initialize the call? From what you described it seems that you are calling it with auto parameter. BP then does not close the session but it keeps it open. You need to close the session manually if you want to get rid of the it.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Thanks for the update. You are right, we are calling it using the auto parameter. I am not aware of how to close the session manually. I tried searching it in the web services documentation provided by Blue Prism, but was not able to find this. Do you happen to know the steps to be followed to close the session manually?

Amandeep Malhotra
Graduate Analyst
Pune, Maharashtra
Amandeep Malhotra Robotics Engineer Barclays Technology Centre India Pune, Maharashtra

Hi, Amandeep,

it took me some time to do the testing to confirm the documentation as I am currently discussing with support some details about this. Anyway, to answer your query - you can't close it except of restarting listener ;). I played with getting the sessionID from the database and providing to CleanUp action this sessionID but I got following message  <soap:faultstring>Invalid specific selection of auto-instance</soap:faultstring>. So I guess that you can't close manually the auto started session. 

If you do not want each time to restart listener which I fully understand you have to call BP Web service differently - call Initialise which will return the session ID and then call the webservice method with this session ID. Once done you can call CleanUp with this sessionID and it will close the session. You can also check this link http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1370523952

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk,

Thanks, for the answer. I tried this approach and it seems to be working 🙂

It is just that for each session, you need to make three SOAP calls - Initialise, Cleanup & the action which is to be called on a web request.This tends to make the solution slow by a few seconds, but yeah it works. Probably something Blue Prism should handle automatically.

Amandeep Malhotra
Graduate Analyst
Pune, Maharashtra