cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service TLS version 1.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my process, I€™m consuming one web service which was working fine till last week. Suddenly I€™m getting one error related to TLS /SSL version. When I spoke to Web service provider, they are saying they are not supporting TLS version 1.0 anymore. And all of their web services are upgraded to support only 1.1 or 1.2 or higher versions. Would like to know whether Blue prism supports only TLS 1.0 web services? If Blue prism supports 1.1 or higher versions, do I need to change any settings in Blue prism ? If so where should I change the versions. I have attached the screenshot of the error below for your reference. Please let me know if you need any more information to resolve the issue.  Regards. Adi
4 REPLIES 4

JoakimEklund
Level 6
Hi,   Had a similar issue, it was resolved by adding SchUseStrongCrypto of the value dword ""1"" in the registry. As I understand it forces .NET Framework to use newer TLS versions as default. Maybe Blue Prism egineers can provide more detail if needed.   Good luck!   Best Regards,   Joakim

MikeHiggs
Level 5
Any update on this as we are having the same issue?

TobiasArnold
Level 6
It seems to me this isn't a BP problem. Different .NET runtimes uses different SecurityProtocol  leves. (see here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28286086/default-securityprotocol-in-net-4-5) My work around: Browse and save the WSDL with a browser of your choice and import the WSDL from that file. So you didn't have to use TLS in the wizard. Before you call the webservice insert a code stage with the following statement (VB): System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls Or System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 Or System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12 This enables Tls1.0, Tls1.1 and Tls1.2 Hope it helps Tobias

MikeHiggs
Level 5
Tobias, that's perfect... I found the same but using C# instead ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = (SecurityProtocolType)3072; using system.net thank you,