cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Calc stage to write to nested collection field then report as an error

DerekTeague
Level 4
I can write to nested collection field with a calculation stage, but error checker detects this as an error.
"Field 1.a does not exist in collection"
Even if collection (e.g. A) is single row collection with 2 feilds (e.g. A.1 & A.2) with nested single row collection (e.g. A.1.a & A.1.b)

I can use Collection Manipulation - Set Field action (without error) but not a quick and convenient as dragging the field from a collections field into calculation stage.

I am using v6.6
Is this just an issue in v6.6 ?
I don't recall this issue in prior versions.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Derek,

I've just checked as far back as 6.2.1 and can see this validation error back in that version as well, but I can't say for sure what version it was introduced in.

I believe that the issue causing this validation error was resolved in 6.7 under BG-3570, the release note for which reads:
Using a Calculation stage to write a value to a nested collection no longer causes a validation error.

I've just tested and can confirm that my process that gives this validation error doesn't generate the same error in Blue Prism 6.7 or later.

Regards,
Rob

------------------------------
Robert Nicklin
Senior Product Owner
Blue Prism
Warrington, England
Robert Nicklin Product Manager Blue Prism Warrington, England

Thanks Rob that's good news (when we get to v6.7+)
Thanks for the confirmation.
In the meantime I have changed all stages to use collection manipulation to have a clear error log

Derek