cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Explorer

GavinRudling
Level 7

Hi Team, I trust you are all well.

I am looking for a suggestion on how I can refresh the windows task bar.

I have a VPN solution that I run, and it seems to leave an instance in the task bar even if I kill the process.

If I run the mouse over the icons, they all disappear, just by doing that.

This seems to be a difficult VPN solution to spy, and I do sometimes get launch issues, that I am not sure if these instances have not shutdown correctly.

I created an action that kills the windows explorer application and then restarts it, which seems to get rid of all the remining icons, but then I end up with an open instance of explorer. I see there is an arguments field in the process start action, but I don't know if I can get it to minimize the explorer application.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Kind regards

Gavin

------------------------------
Gavin Rudling
Digital Consultant & Developer
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg
2 REPLIES 2

rsrivastava2
Level 5

Hi Gavin,

I do know the issue where the closed Applications Icon are stuck to task bar, along side clock volume and other items but I never had to solve for it.

Having said that, can you try the same trick of spying and hovering on these icons?

If application is not closed correctly and you want a sure shot way to do it, use Launch process with CMD and command taskkill /IM <process_name> /f

Do update me if this worked or the updates there on.

Hope this helps.

WeitghtRPAMatey
WeitghtRPAMatey

Thanks for the response and the suggestion Rohit, much appreciated.

Currently I am killing the explorer process, waiting 5 seconds then restarting the explorer process. It seems to be working. I am going to try it for a few days to see If does not break anything else.

Gavin Rudling
Digital Consultant & Developer
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg