cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Queue exposure as web/API end point

ManishRawat
Level 7
Hi Team,

Is there a way in BP by which we can directly expose the Work Queue as web/api end point for creation of items in it?

Here we don't want exposure of process/VBO just for the creation of an item in BP.

------------------------------
Manish Rawat
Project Manager
Mercer
New Delhi
5 REPLIES 5

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi,

I look for an automatec.exe command for this. You have the "createqueue" for create new queues, the syntax looks like this:

AutomateC.exe /createqueue "key field name" "Running? true / false" "max attempts" /queuename "queuename" /sso 

(/sso or /user for autentication)

For more information of this, here you have the official documentation: Automate.exe commands

And I lookfor a way to create items but I think that there is no way to create with any command or external API.

In the database, the table that store all queue items is [BPAWorkQueueItem], but I don't recommend you to insert directly a row here. There are some fields such as the id that I don't know how they are generated internally

Another option is to create a new process to create all items that you need. For example, if you create an external API, when you call it, it insert a data in an intermediate database table. Then your process can read this table and create the items in the Queues with the action "Add to Queue" from the object "Work Queues"

Hope this helps you!

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Manish Rawat,

Prior to BP v7 there is no way to expose access to a work queue directly. As you've pointed out, the standard is to expose a VBO/process as a SOAP web service and work through it.

In BP v7, there is a new RESTful API available that exposes endpoints for working directly on work queues.

Cheers,​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

Thanks for your response, Is there a documentation around that for setup and usage for Exposing endpoints for working directly on work queues.​

Manish Rawat
Project Manager
Mercer
New Delhi

Hi!

Here you have all the information about the API.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-0/en-us/api-spec.html

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi @Manish Rawat,

@PabloSarabia has provided you a link to the API reference. To learn more about v7 and the steps to install/configure the REST API, please refer to the following links:

Cheers,
​​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange