cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Value - Collection Within Collection

BenRPA
Level 4
Hi, We are trying a working process deployed in production. In order to improve this process, we are trying to group the lines with a similar ID together. Therefore, the idea was to go from 10 Queue fields to 4 Queue Field: Current Queue Format: Unique ID (Text), First Name (Text), Last Name (Text), Total Value (Text), etc... New Queue Format: Unique ID (Text), Clients Information (Collection - will contain information about the clients living at the same address), Total Value (Text), etc...   I have tried to store information into the newly created Collection, but it doesn't work. For instance, I have tried storing a text value through a calculation stage in Queue Collection.Clients Information.First Name but it gives me the error: "ERROR: Internal: Could not store calculation result - Queue Collection.Clients Information.First Name not found. I've also tried adding a row to the Collection within the collection: "Queue Collection.Clients Information", but it doesn't work either. Running out of ideas here. How do you deal with collections within a collection? Thanks!  
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, Same happened but there is a workaround for that. You may try flipping ""Queue Collection.Clients Information"" to a temporary collection with a calculation stage. After you have done updating the temp collection you can flip it back with a calculation stage to ""Queue Collection.Clients Information"" again. And, also I think it possible to manipulate collection inside a collection in version 6.3 but I have not tried it yet.  

BenRPA
Level 4
Hi Ugur, Thank you for your response. I have tried proceeding as you indicated, but it still generated an error. Could you please share more details about how you have done it? (Screenshot or code would greatly help) :) Thanks!

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
My action returns collections - output set to a collection field type inside another collection. Direct calculations work: ToNumber([Queue Data.ImportLogHeader.lines_rec])>0 Default Collection actions like Add row/Count rows won't work with 2nd level collection and you have to create your own VBO for that. Also process validation gets confused about some types and complains, but process works.