cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write in\Global send keys to input informaiton to a website does not work.

GeJiang
Level 3
Hi all, I had problem to write in/ use global send keys to input information in a website. This is a website to search for doctor's information: https://zoeken.bigregister.nl/zoeken/kenmerken. I used Accessibility mode to identify the input box of Voorletter(s) (which means Initial(s) in Dutch) and Achternaam (which means family name) in the website. It works. Then I tried to Write in the input box and click on Zoeken (which means search in Dutch). However, although it looks like I write in successfully (I can see that Achternaam and Voorletter(s) are added in the input box), the website shows error message saying "the Achternaam filed is empty" after I click on Search button.  Then I tried to use Global Send Keys to input the information. This time, I find that Global Send Keys only work with either Voorletter(s) or Achternaam input box but it never works with both of them (more specifically, the one goes first in my flow will be performed successfully and the one goes last will show an error). The error message is "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Voorletter(s)' on page 'Information Input' - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()    at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd)" Does anyone know why it happens and how to solve it? Thanks a lot! Ge  
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds like the web app is unaware that you have entered text using the Write stage. This is quite common because apps are created assuming the user is a human typist. Often a workaround is to send a global mouse click into the field after the write stage, in order to 'wake up' the app and make it 'aware' that the field now contains data.

GeJiang
Level 3
Hi John, Thanks so much for your reply. Could you mind to tell me how to ""send a global mouse click""? Thanks a lot! Ge

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It is always probably a good idea to complete relevant training.  There is a light weight guide to send keys that tells you how to do this:  http://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2018-02/Guide%20to%20Send%20Keys%20and%20Send%20Key%20Events.pdf but a better option would be to take the full Surface Automation training.

GeJiang
Level 3
Thanks a lot Denis! I will read through. Ge