cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find region idenfied as image

AkshayaR1
Level 3
Hi All,

I have an object that will check if an image (saved a local path) is in a particular web application or not. I have spied the image region and exported the image to a local path. During the execution, I read the image from the web app and compare it with the one saved locally. On manual run inside the process studio, entire process runs fine. But whenever I schedule it on a run time resource, it throws "Cannot find region identified as image" error.

Can anyone suggest what is wrong when this error appears? Do we have other alternatives of performing this task of checking if an image is present or not?

To be more clear on the entire process, there are 12 jobs running and when they are up, a green coloured arrow symbol will be shown and when they failed, red cross mark would be seen in the portal. Bot has to check if all are up with green arrow symbol.

I am unable to spy using other modes. Attaching the image that has to be searched in the web application
11629.jpg

------------------------------
Akshaya R
RPA Developer

Akshaya R RPA Developer
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check the synchronisation logic. If it works in Studio (which is slow) but not from Control Room (which is fast) then it could be that the synchronisation is weak and can only succeed at slow speeds.

I'd also recommend an alternative to reading a local file. For instance you could read the file into the initial value of an image data item so that it is housed permanently within the process.

You could also model the green symbol as a region with dynamic parameters to enable you to check 12 positions. Or it may even be easier to model each of the 12 positions as individual regions - perhaps a laborious modelling task but one that could make for an easier diagram.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing the information.

It works fine from studio as well as control room if I am visibly watching the bot run on the resource. It has been throwing this error "couldn't find region identified as image" only when I schedule on a different runtime resource where I won't watch the bot running live. I know this sounds weird.

As you have suggested, that is how I have already developed my process. I have imported the image file into a data item and comparing it with the one retrieved after the bot reads the image from the web application.

Individual spying of the 12 regions is again showing up the same error.
Does this have anything to do with the run mode? Currently the object runs in exclusive mode. While using region mode, do we have to change this? 

Let me know if I am missing on something else.

Akshaya R
RPA Developer
Akshaya R RPA Developer

It sounds like you are using RDP to access the other machine. There are very many forum threads on this topic for you to research, but basically when you disconnect RDP, the desktop of the remote machine becomes unavailable, despite the Resource PC being available and capable of running processes. But anything that needs the desktop, such as regions, mouse clicks etc will fail.

The solution is to use a non-invasive access tool, or employ Login Agent to log out and back in again after you have disconnected RDP.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

John,

I missed to mention this point. We had this automated process running fine earlier until last two months. It is throwing error recently. So in that case the RDP shouldn't be an issue right? We didn't have environment changes as well except that we have upgraded from 6.3.2 to 6.6 recently and post which I have been seeing this issue.

Akshaya R
RPA Developer
Akshaya R RPA Developer