cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop an item in a website with region mode

AlexandraBACCAM
Level 2
Hi everyone, i have a big problem. I need to write an item in a field inside a website.  I ever tried to use html mode to write inside but robot activities are not recognized by the website.  That's why I tried to recognize my field in Accessibility mode, however it's impossible to make difference between 2 identical fields inside my window.  So my last chance is to use region mode but i'm not able to make the "drop onto" in my field.  I make a "set clipboard" before to bring my item from my collection and after i make a "drop onto" my field which was defined by region mode.  I thought to make a "get clipboard" but i don't know "how can i write in a website field?" Thank you for your help. If you need mode precisions, i'm here! Alexandra
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The website probably has some client-side validation code that 'listens' for user input via keyboard/mouse. But using the Write stage the input is non-human and some (not all) apps cannot 'hear' this non-human input. The fix is to either to use keystrokes, or a combination of Write + mouse click to 'wake up' the app.