cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get mail from specific mail id

SusheelPerugu
Level 2
hi,    I am trying to use MAPIx VBO for outlook operations.  I am able to send mail and receive mails successfully. However, I am need to read mails and download attachment from a specific mail ID.  can anyone let me know how can i configure MAPIx VBO to receive mails only from a specific sender mail ID.    Thank you.  
1 REPLY 1

david.l.morris
Level 14
You'll find all over the forum here that everyone is moving away from using the MAPIEx VBO, as it tends to fail a lot. You can make a (nearly) seamless transition into using the new VBO called ""MS Outlook Email VBO"", which comes as a part of BP 6.3 and higher.   If I were you, I'd just not use the MAPIEx VBO if you can help it. There are a couple of things it does that the MS Outlook Email VBO does not, such as using a specified mail profile, but overall the new Outlook VBO is far superior. In the MAPIEx VBO, the only way for you to filter by sender email address is to use Get Mail and then use a Decision stage to see the sender's email address and then do something with that email depending on whether the sender is in scope for you. In the Outlook VBO, Get Received Items (the equivalent to Get Mail) has multiple input parameters, including narrowing by sender. I should mention that this VBO has its own quirks, so you should test it out thoroughly before committing to it.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA