cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to collect another sheet data with in the single file

ChristopherSuba
Level 3
hello everyone, just asking if what action can be done when retrieving another spreadsheet and incorporate it in another excel sheet sample sheet1(main file) sheet2(is another file came from other excel source) in sheet1 there are column needed to be filled up using function vlookup(A3,sheet2!B:G,6,0) and (A3,sheet2!B:H,7,0)   thanks in advance
11 REPLIES 11

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Use the ""Copy and Paste Worksheet Range"" action. If you don't have it, I'm attaching it as XML in a text file. Copy it to clipboard and paste as a new page in your VBO.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
(And it didn't attach. Trying again.)

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Trying to attach as XML. I think some part of the system is blocking the contents.

ChristopherSuba
Level 3
thank you for the feedback

ChristopherSuba
Level 3
and secondly how to manipulate those vlookup function?

AmiBarrett
Level 12
This is an icky alternative, but it seems to be the only way this forum software is happy with me sharing the action. Attached is a screenshot of the code stage. Ins and Outs are below. In: Handle - Number Source Workbook - Text Source Worksheet - Text Source Range - Text Destination Workbook - Text Destination Worksheet - Text Destination Range - Text Out: Success - Flag Message - Text

AmiBarrett
Level 12
You could probably use another action to add a formula to a cell or cell range. cells.Select() source = excel.Selection source.Formula=Formula source.Columns.AutoFit

ChristopherSuba
Level 3
just to add on the scenario that I inquiry i have already a collection and there are blank column, those 2 column have function vlookup and the data needed is with another sheet(sheet2)"" vlookup(A3,sheet2!B:G,6,0) and (A3,sheet2!B:H,7,0) "" how to be able to append or populate those blank column with the input coming from the vlookup,

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Again, you should be able to set a formula for those cells using that last code excerpt. Insert your vlookup and it should populate. Afterward, you should be able to read it to a collection without issue.