cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object calls business processes

EstebanCarrasco
Level 4
I have a technical doubt, I have a main process that works with work queues, in turn this process calls different business processes. Is it advisable to create a launcher object that calls business processes? If I do not do this, I would have to have pages in the main process that call the business processes, therefore every time a new business process is generated, it will be hooked in the sub pages of the main process. If I create the launcher object, errors in the installations of new business processes would be minimized since it would not impact the main process in future installations, but only the area would be affected. of business specifies that launcher object. (This should not happen, but it happens in reality) Currently the order is: main process -> call business processes My idea: process -> call launcher object -> call business processes     please your answer or ideas regards. Esteban.
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Not sure what you mean by 'launcher object', but objects referencing sub-processes is not normal, although I guess it would work. On the other hand, if you're talking about the main process calling other processes asynchronously via the command line, then yes that will definitely work.

EstebanCarrasco
Level 4
if an object should not call a process, then why is it available to implement ?. I also understand that due to performance issues, it is not correct to call 2 consecutive processes. If you could tell me in which part of the documentation is this definition, it would be perfect.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I'm not saying you must not do it, technically it will work but it would just be an unusual arrangement. But you have a point, perhaps the subprocess icon should not be on the toolbar when you're editing an object. The command line API is explained in the in-product Help.